Congratulations to you that you have finally completed the complexities of the immigration process and now it is time to prepare all things you need before coming to the greatest country of the world. Whether you immigrate to the US by meeting and marrying an American husband or by other Visa types, you come to the right track. This article will briefly explain about what to be prepared before you immigrate to America. If you live in developing countries such as China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, South Korea, Philippines, India, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, and etc then you will experience the big difference when you come to the US.
America is the greatest country so you will see a big difference. If you immigrate to other developed countries like Canada, Australia, France, UK and etc, then you will the differences as well. Yes, there are many differences you need to prepare first.
- Buy warm clothes is a must if you immigrate to the cold US states such as Alaska, Colorado, North Dakota, Wyoming, Maine, Michigan , Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, Idaho, Oregon, South Dakota, Vermont, Virginia, Washington. So you can ask your husband or relatives to make sure you buy warm clothing to keep you warm.
- Find a good Airplane agent to buy one-way ticket from your city to the United States. On the plane, the flight attendant will serve meals and snacks so you’re not allowed to carry food on the airplane. Each person has their own TV in front of them.
- It takes from 13 to 24 hours to come to America. It depends on where you come exactly, you may need to transfer from the main US airport to your location.
- You may need to check with the airplane agent to know about baggage information. Usually, most passengers can carry two bags and a small luggage for free of charge.
- Ask your agent to see what things you can carry on the airplane. There are some medicines you can’t carry on. All medicines that you bring to America must have doctor approval, date of expiration, except diabetes medicines.
- Ask your agent to see how much money you can bring with you to the US. If you bring more than 10,000 USD, then you need to report in the 105 form by the time you are about to arrive in America.
- You will receive two I-94 forms to fill out before the airplane land in America. The airport officials will keep one and they attach one form to your passport.
I want to congratulate you on this trip. Again, it takes time to adjust to living in the US because it is very different from your home town. If you live in small provincial town in developing countries then it may take you longer time to adjust to US living lifestyle.
When you come to the US, keep asking your spouse about things. Go with him to learn the road. Get the learning permit and a driver license is the first thing you need to do. Most people drive car here so you need to have a driver license. You should pay attention to surroundings so you can adapt to the new world faster. Owning a car is a must. Car is cheap in America. If you work in a low job like a cleaner, then you can earn about $1,200 a month. You can buy an old 2000 Toyota Camry car which costs about $2,000, in two months of working as a cleaning job.
I don’t know about other countries, but immigrating to America is a great opportunity. Especially, if you were trained hard in your hometown, then you will have no problem to be successful here. It is a land of opportunities. You have a talent, you will succeed in this country.
Unless you write and listen to English perfectly, I suggest you take the English as a Second Language (ESL) class. These classes help you know about life in the US, how to look for a job, how to speak with your co-workers, and learn other things. You should take at least one ESL class because it is helpful.
If you can eat American food every day, then you are ok. If not, I suggest you learn how to cook to fit your taste. Ask your husband to see if there are Asian markets in his area. In most of US cities where there are Asian people live, there are Asian supermarkets as H-Mark, Grand Mark, Thai, Philippines or Vietnamese markets.
If you plan to study in the US, then I suggest you do so. Don’t give up. It does not matter how old you are, you can go to school and get a degree. Most of community colleges in America offer flexible hours for students so you can study most of the time you have to earn your degree. As you know, getting a degree in the US will help you not only in your knowledge but also in your income. For example, you work as a housekeeper in a hotel and earn $1,500 a month. Your salary in this kind of job may increase about $1,800 a month in 10 years. However, if you go to college and get a BS degree in 5 years, then your salary (beginning $3,000 a month) may go up to $10,000 a month in the next 10 years. You see the differences? And, the US government provides financial aid to pay for your college if your income is low.
Again, welcome to the land of opportunities where you are coming. I wish all the best to you for this new adventure. Taking a positive attitude and working hard will help you become a successful person in the United States of America.
P.S. Don’t forget to share with us your successful life in America. We are grateful that you joined and found your life mate at our free Asian dating site. Good luck!